How We Can Help

If you are receiving the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) or Persons with Persistent and Multiple Barriers (PPMB) benefit and need help filing your income tax returns from past years, Tax Aid advocates can provide the following assistance:

    • Help you gather the documents necessary to file your taxes
    • Meet with you one-on-one to help you file your basic
      income tax return
    • Provide information and advice (in-person, or by phone and/or email) about filing income tax returns
    • Provide referrals to community organizations in your area that can help with more complex tax returns (returns for deceased persons; individuals who file for bankruptcy; self-employed individuals; individuals who report capital gains or losses; or individuals who report employment expenses or business or rental income and expenses)
    • Access advice and support for you from a chartered accountant if your tax return is complex